pep application aca

View More In This Section

Welcome to the City of Birmingham’s Online Permit Center  

Our Online Permit Center (Accela Citizen Access – ACA) allows you to apply for selected permits, check on the status of your permit(s), and conduct a general search for permit records.


The City of Birmingham has issued a Temporary Suspension of Construction Permitting Activities around World Games Venues.    View our interactive mapping site to see if your property will be impacted.

Review the following documents for more information:

Building Permits


*You must register an account in order to apply for permits through the Online Permit Center. Account registration is not needed to search for permit records

The following permit applications are available in our new Permit Center (More coming soon)



  • Barricade Permit
  • Blasting Permit
  • Driveway-Sidewalk Permit
  • Excavation Permit (Private Contractor)
  • Fence and/or Wall Zoning Application
  • Flood Plain Development
  • Garage Sale Permit
  • House Move Permit
  • Special Use Permit
  • Urban Agriculture Permit
  • Zoning Certificate Letter



  Permit Center


**All other permits not included in the list above (i.e. building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, signs, soil erosion control, etc.), will continue to be processed through the existing Tidemark Advantage and should be directed to One Stop Permitting Staff located in Room 210 of City Hall.


The following permit applications are available in printable form





Division Contact Information

Office: 205-254-2904