Hours of Operation are 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
The City of Birmingham is dedicated to providing excellent customer service for all citizens. Birmingham 311 is the liaison with City departments to handle Citizens’ needs. 311 routes all Service Requests to the appropriate City departments and follows up to ensure each request is resolved in a timely manner. Birmingham 311 answers non-emergency calls and any request of city services. The most requested Birmingham City services are:
- Animal Complaint.
- Clean/Cut Alley.
- Clean/Cut ROW.
- General Service Requests.
- Overgrown/Vacant Lot.
- Overgrown/Junky Yard.
- Missed Garbage Pickup.
- Missed Trash/Brush Pickup.
- Pothole Repair.
- Storm Sewer Cleaning.
- Tree Removal.
The 311 Call Center also handles citizen concerns or complaints in conjunction with the Mayor’s Office of Citizen’s Assistance (MOCA).
311 Performance Data is now available on Birmingham’s Open Data Portal:
How to report a new 311 Request or check the status of an existing Request:
- Phone: Dial 311 or 205-254-6314.
- Email: Sandra.Ray@birminghamal.gov to share your experience.
- Online: Birmingham 311 Online.
Information that helps 311 address your issue:
- Location: Where is the problem or request located? (Address, intersection, in front of X business, north/south side of street, NE/SE corner, etc.)
- Description: What exactly is the issue or condition? (as much detail as you can provide)
- Time frame: How long has this issue/condition existed or when did you first notice it?
- Contact information: What is your name and email address (or mailing address)? (if you would like to receive information about the resolution to your issue)
Process that your 311 service request will follow:
- Requests made via 311 telephone call or Birmingham 311 Online are routed immediately to the relevant department work group.
- If you submitted a property or nuisance code enforcement issue (i.e. high weeds), you can call 254-2061 for additional detail about the inspection process.
- The department work group will investigate your issue and take necessary steps to address it.
- If you would like to provide an update or request information on the status of your issue, you can call 311 or 254-6314 and we will route your information to the department handling your issue.
- If you provided an email you will be notified when the service request has been completed.
- Once your service request is completed, we appreciate your feedback on the process, including 311’s customer service and the quality and timeliness of resolution to your issue. We use this data to monitor the quality of service citywide.
Srikanth (Sri) Karra
CIO / Director of IMS
311 Call Center
Manager, 311 Call Center
IMS Building-2nd Floor
712 North 19th Street
Birmingham, Alabama 35203