Deputy Director of IT Governance & Data Analytics
- Establish policies, standards, guidelines and procedures for the City Of Birmingham-IMS and other departments to abide by, while incorporating the COB IT Strategy and overall business objectives.
- Develops and plans, long-range goals, objectives, organizational structure, rules and regulations, and otherwise provides for the overall direction and management of the Division.
- Assist the CIO with planning and prioritizing department work activities; evaluates needs and determines priorities; Analyzes work processes and methodologies to continually improve the delivery of departmental services; makes recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Drives process innovation in service delivery including ITIL deployment, portfolio management, and creation and sustaining high SLA performance levels and reduce costs.
- Provide leadership and direction through management and drive standardized project management methodologies, governances, methods, and tools.
- Manage the following process groups:
- IT Program Management Office
- Change Management & Change Advisory Board
- Environment Management
- Release Management
- Establish processes for data management which includes defining and creating data standards, data stewards, data access rights and ongoing monitoring of data quality.
- Establish analytics, reporting/dashboard mechanisms and IT process improvement methodologies.
- Develop reporting mechanisms, including dashboards and visualizations, to explain business insights for leadership and staff.
- Improve operations excellence in identifying process deficiencies, and defining a strategy to enhance existing or create new support, delivery and governance processes.
- Benchmark operations against industry and identify functional performance levels that drive change in people, process and technology elements to attain best-in-class operational results.