311 Portal

View More In This Section

311 – Birmingham’s Customer Service Center

If you have a police, fire, or medical emergency, call 911 immediately. 

If you’d like to report issues concerning pothole repairs, blocked storm drains, broken traffic signals, missed trash, etc., submit them to 311.

There are a few ways to do that:

  • Dial 311 or 205-254-2489
  • Use the new My Bham 311 app  – (See the QR codes at the bottom of this page.)
  • Visit www.birminghamal.gov/311  and click on the box that says, “311 Request.’’
  • When submitting a  complaint online or via the app, be sure that you have a registered account. If you do not know how to create an account, there are details below on how to do that.

For the fastest service, have the following information ready:

  • Location of the problem
  • Description of the problem
  • How long has the problem existed
  • Your contact information



Submit your 311 service request online:

311 Request

Birmingham 311’s online portal lets you submit and track the status of your requests anytime, from any internet-connected device.

If you prefer to speak with a customer service representative, call “311” from within the Birmingham city limits or dial 205-254-2489.

QR Code flyer for the My Bham 311 App


Please click here to view instructions for the My Bham 311 APP


How to register for a 311 account


How to submit a complaint online