Collection of Information by birminghamal.gov
In order to improve the content and usability of this website, the City of Birmingham (the "City") automatically collects several categories of information from users. This information includes the following:
- The apparent Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your Internet Service Provider ("ISP") and/or your computer, if your computer has an IP address assigned directly to it.
- 2. The apparent Fully Qualified Domain Name ("Domain Name") of your Internet Service Provider ("ISP") and/or your computer, if your computer has a domain name assigned directly to it.
- The type of browser (such as, for example Netscape, Internet Explorer, Opera, Konqueror, etc.) used and the operating system resident on a user's computer.
- The date and time a user visited the site.
- The web pages accessed at the site, as well as any applications used and forms data.
The City uses this information to identify site performance needs; to ensure compatibility with the technology used by birminghamal.gov's visitors, and to generally add and improve services offered on birminghamal.gov. In order to accomplish those goals, from time to time, the City may conduct statistical analysis of the data it collects.
The City does not collect data for commercial or marketing purposes, 3 and the City does not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute the data collected by birminghamal.gov for commercial or marketing purposes
back to top